We had a Treasure hunt on Sunday which has become custom on one Isaiah's last days in IN each summer. Monica is always so creative and hides the clues throughout the woods. This year Matt, Isaiah and Brennan were on one team and Wil and I on the other. We had Oscar and Lola join our team on the last leg of the race. On one of our last stops we were to wait there until we received a phone call. The other team got instructions but by the time we got there the message was, "I'm sorry to inform you that you are no longer in the race"! It was really hot and humid out and we admit that we didn't give it our all but we all had a lot of fun. We ended our time over at Daudy's eating popcorn outside by their swing with them.
Brennan asked Monica how many more days Isaiah would be here, then asked if it's ok if he crys when Isaiah leaves. They act so much like siblings. They have so much fun together one minute and the next there are so annoyed with each other.
Tonight Wil and Isaiah made a fire in Matt's fire pit then they grilled chicken that I had marinated and we ate outside along with Monica, Brennan and Sawyer. Matt joined us after he came home from his Spanish class. Brennan and Isaiah had so much fun poking around in the fire and rolling around in the grass. Once again, I should have had my camera.
1 comment:
I didn't know Matt was taking a Spanish class. Interesting!
By the way, I still have great memories of doing treasure hunts at reunions. I did one at Tyler's second birthday, but he was a bit young. I am planning to try again this year. (I'm sure it'll be much less difficult and creative than Monica's from the sound of it, though. :)
Post a Comment