Almost every night that Brennan knows we are at home he asks if he can come play the wii. This week my response is always the same. "You can play until we are ready to watch the Olympics".
Brennan-ok, I will just play 10 minutes. The 10 minutes normally is much longer. Last night when I told him it was almost time to quit and the next time he fell on his Mario game it would be time to watch the Olympics, I wish you could have seen the look on his face. He lost his concentration and almost immediately his guy fell and it was the end!! The look on his face and response was priceless. Wil in the background was doing what Carrie normally has to do, I was trying to do the right thing and be kind and yet firm with him. His jaw and face was clenched, eyes BIG and was he ever disgusted. "I AM NOT QUITTING-NO IT IS NOT TIME FOR THE OLYMPICS!"
As soon as the Olympics came on his eyes lit up and it was, "Oh, I want to watch that. leave it there, they are diving!"
No comments:
Post a Comment