Monday, January 25, 2010

He Knows My Name

It's been an exhausting, but meaningful weekend. Lynette and Rusty shared their hearts at the Memorial service for Olive Hope, and the tears flowed freely for us. It's so hard to see your neice and nephew have so much pain and also to lose a member of the family, that we have all grown to love so much in her 4 short months, here on this earth.

Poor Monica, was unable to attend Olive's Memorial and Burial service, since both Jeremiah and Sawyer had double ear infections, and Monica herself had Strep throat. After the burial service, while we were eating, Matt said he was still cold. At the time, I wondered if maybe he was getting sick. We got our answer soon enough. Soon after Matt got home from work, his fever spiked up to 103.? We got the cry for help, since neither parent was feeling up to parenting. As soon as we got home, we brought all the boys except Jeremiah to our house.

I first tucked in Brennan, then Sawyer and then Isaiah. What a routine! I forgot how easy I normally have it! When I was tucking Brennan in, and was singing to him, he said, "Grandma, can you sing me the song that Rusty and Lynette sang to Olive?" He wanted me to sing, He knows my name. Sadly, I only knew a few of the words, but I promised him that I would learn it.
I have a Maker
He formed my heart
Before even time began
My life was in his hands

I have a Father
He calls me his own
He'll never leave me
No matter where I go

He knows my name
He knows my every thought
He sees each tear that falls
And He hears me when I call

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How beautiful! I loved that song...
It was such a beautiful Memorial Service...my heart is so heavy for each of you and just lift you ALL in prayer. May God give you comfort & peace in knowing that Olive is in His arms! God's way is not always the way we wish things would turn out......Olive is healed for all of Eternity! Praise be to God! Love you all!

Sue said...

Bless you, dear ones!

Deb said...

Thanks for sharing a little about the service. My heart was there.

Jen Bontrager said...

That song is perfect for Olive. It makes me cry every time I hear it.

Dave & Gloria said...

Kathy, what a precious request from your dear grandson! Gloria

lynette showalter said...

so glad you're close by for those kinds of times. i'm sure matt and monica feel blessed to have you down the path. brennan's request melts my heart.