Tuesday, March 2, 2010

St. Kitts

2-16-10(St. Kitts)

Slept in until almost 8:00 then went to breakfast. We were undecided what to do today and even less so after we entered St. Kitts and were more or less attacked by people wanting to take us on a tour. It was the craziest thing ever. You soon need to decide to either get out of there fast or decide which one of the people you want to be with for the next 2-4 hours! We chose Christian Rameshwar- Tangerine Tours….he had an open vehicle that was tangerine and green in color. His beard was pink and orange and wore a colorful knitted hat and a baggy orange outfit. He was born in Trinidad but has live in St. Kitts for 20 years. He gave us a great 3 some hour tour for $20.00 each and we met some more nice people.

After we got back, we went to an internet cafĂ©, walked around on deck. We saw our Anderson friends on the upper deck and exchanged our day adventures. We got a snack, went to part of the “Night of the Stars” shows, but even though it was good, we were too tired to stay. We then went to our 8:30 dinner. The sea was rougher today and I felt the sway much more than usual.

I felt some better after going back outside on the upper deck. The Tropical Island Night Deck Party, started at 10:30, right after our dinner. We came back to the room around midnight and I was not feeling so good. I took some Dramamine, and went to sleep.

When we are with the Anderson’s, it feels a bit like they are, our kids. Also today, we found out our waiter, Ida…pronounced eeda, is from Indonesia and has one child, with one on the way. He has been doing the Cruises for 10 years and goes home every 6 months and is at home 2-3 months at a time. He also calls home every 2 days. I can’t imagine that kind of life.

3 comments:

Sue said...

It must have been "so fun"! Glad for you!

Mary A. Miller said...

"So fun", indeed! Except for the part where you mention the sea being rougher, and feeling the sway. If you didn't feel so good, I'm afraid to think of how I'd feel! Oh dear, I can almost make myself feel seasick just thinking about it! :) So glad you had such a wonderful time!

Melissa said...

I bet Ida wasn't used to people giving a hoot about what his life is like. You two humans are lovely. and I miss you. and I want to hug you. :)