Sunday, April 10, 2011

AZ-trip

Monday April 4th we left for AZ to take Isaiah home for Spring Break.  It had been a year since we had been out there.  I assume in this picture that Isaiah is going to the refrigerator to load up on Caffeine and sugar.  We found out that he talks a lot when he has an  overload of those two things.

P1030378

Melissa on the couch with their dog, Oscar.

 P1030379

Wil and I took one morning to go hiking.

P1030393

All was going great on this hike until, as Wil put it…

While taking a picture of another cactus with flowers, Kathy backed into a cactus and got some caught on the top of her shirt.
I tried to free her.
Well, I got my hand against the cactus and it instantly got stuck into the back of my fingers.
As I pulled away, the "ball" of cactus came along.
The removal part was unforgettable. I wondered if we would have to go to an ER, but we were approximately a mile out on this hiking trail. So, I took matters into my own hands and pulled the cactus spines out with my fingers.
Really, I would never have believed how dangerous this "jumping" cactus is.

P1030397

P1030396

P1030398

Cactus finger

P1030382P1030400

For you that watch Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.  We got to experience Matt’s Big Breakfast.

P1030363

We ate incredibly well on this trip.  We enjoyed Mexican, Vietnamese, Thai, Ethiopian, Italian and the Cheesecake Factory. Now it’s back to the Treadmill!

2 comments:

Sue said...

OUCH!!! Sorry Wil! They look so innocent!

Jen Bontrager said...

We saw the bloody pictures this morning and now Jesse wants to look at them again!
Glad you had a good trip!