Soon it will be 5 months since Wil's Mother passed away. That is as long as she lived with us! The last 5 months went so fast and so much has happened since. We have had the Estate Auction and the couple that was going to rent Daudy's house, ended up buying it. They got married on the 6th and we had closing on the house on the 11th. All of us feel good about this young Amish couple being the new owners. It's such a relief so have that all done.
Now we need to build a building since we no longer can use Daudy's shop, plus we could have used one for a long time. Right now our 2 car garage is barely a one car garage. That project will begin in July. In the mean time, we are needing to do all the prep work.
May 11th-Isaiah had his 14th birthday!
He requested Chocolate cake with chocolate in the middle. He got it! 
Electronics, books, money and games are normally on the wish list. 14!! It's still hard to believe.
About 3 weeks ago, my left knee that has given me some problems over the years decided, that I have abused it enough. I started having a lot of pain with it and it became quite swollen, making it hard to go stairs. After visiting an Orthopedic Surgeon, X-rays and an MRI, we found some answers. Maybe my long term pain came from my lateral meniscus never developing properly and therefore causing problems with tracking. Then probably when I fell on it in November, I tore the medial meniscus and even had a small fracture. All that to say that I will be having minor knee surgery as an out patient on June 2nd. I am also finding out how easy it is to gain weight, since I can't walk on my Treadmill.
To make things a bit more complicated, I started with a BAD toothache Monday night. Sometime along the way, I lost my filling and I must have a nerve exposed. My Dentist put me on a cancelation list and so today at 12:00, I go to get that fixed. If babies and toddlers hurt half this bad when they are teething, be very, very nice to them:) With all the pain killer that I'm taking for my tooth, my knee swelling is way down and I have much less pain. I'd hate to take that amount for an extended amount of time.
For those of you wondering about Matt's finger: When we took out the stitches, it didn't look good. One of the stitches must of slipped on through and didn't do it's job. Wil bought Chickweed salve for him to put on and it has healed very nice. The boys were all so intrigued with the whole process and just last night again, Sawyer asked me if I saw how good Daddy's hand looked.
Sunday afternoon Sawyer and Brennan came running over to our house in the rain to play Wii, because it's their Sunday after routine. Sawyer immediately informed me, "Grandma, you need to clean the path! The weeds are real bad!" I informed him that it is not only our path but theirs as well. ''But, I don't know, I really think you should do it". Later, I found out they went through the path that we don't normally use anymore.
We are looking forward to a visit from Melissa! She comes on Monday the 23rd.
2 comments:
Isaiah 14 yrs. old already?! I well remember where we were when we heard of his arrival...out west in CA somewhere. Nice Melissa gets to come visit!
Yes, seems impossible Daudys' house is already sold and inhabited by someone else. So many good memories, and precious; and so glad they linger.
We'll be anxious to see your new shop/shed.
And better days ahead for the tooth and the knee!
I've thought of you several times today with your tooth ordeal. Sue mentioned it to me last night. Praying for you...
Post a Comment