Friday, November 4, 2011

Henry update on 11/3

Different people told me they keep checking my blog for updates on my Dad. I took off work a few hours so Mom could go to Sylvia Yoder's, funeral. So as I sit here and Dad's sleeping, I'm trying to decide how I can best tell you how Dad is.

A couple weeks ago, he was weak enough that I didn't feel good about leaving on Nov. 12th for our week long vacation to Mexico that we planned in March. Wil, kindly cancelled that vacation. Now this past week, he seems to be somewhat stronger and you might say more irritable at times. Norm and Carol also have plans to be gone that week, but their schedule isn't as easy to change as ours. However, It's much easier for me to take off work when they are off, but, if we would both be gone, Ann would be Mom's only night relief. Of course, then you also factor in the fact, that it's hard to enjoy a vacation when you always wonder how Dad is doing.

My sister, Ann had an interesting experience with Dad, during the early hours last Sunday morning. She sensed Dad was dying and also sensed our sister, Ruthie in the room. When Dad woke up, he said, "I thought I was dying". She told him, that she thought too that he was.

Us girls have been taking turns spending the night with Dad to give mom a break.

I didn't get this posted yesterday. I ended up spending the night with Dad and was up every 1-2 hrs. except for one 3 hr. stretch.

Tonight we are looking to see if we could possibly go to Mexico after all. I still have mixed feelings about it.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone Kathy Beachy

2 comments:

Kathy Beachy said...

We did decide to go to Mexico. If you are reading this, please don't mention this trip to Henry and Polly, just yet. We don't want them to stress before we leave. We will tell them in due time.

al5254 said...

Dear Kathy
Thanks for the way you care for mom and dad. It is an awesome gift you are giving to them. It makes me love you all the more for the sacrificial person you are.
Al