Sunday, February 19, 2012

Trigeminal Neuralgia(Facial Nerve Pain)

Last Fall Wil started having some chronic facial pain but nothing severe.  The 3rd weekend in January it got worse.  We left on Friday the 20, for a scheduled weekend away in Chicago.  At times he was very miserable but about that quick, he would be better.  I called Norm as I panicked wondering if I would end up in the Hospital with him in Chicago. The next week, Norm adjusted Wil quite frequently and he improved rather quickly.  He has continued to get adjusted 1-2 times a week.  He has continued to have soreness but he was so much better. 
Last monday, we went to a funeral and he was standing out in the cold at the burial and by the next day he was starting to hurt more.  By Wednesday night, he was so bad that he called his MD on Thursday morning and got a prescription.  He didn't get any relief from the medication but instead, he now had added dizziness and nausea to his problems.  He was unable to go to work on Friday, so I took him with me to work, so Norm could work on him again.  At noon, I brought him home and he slept most of the afternoon.  He woke up with some relief, so we went to a friends house for supper.  We left for home, when it seemed to be getting worse and he ended up with a miserable night.  We went back to the Middlebury Chiropractic again Saturday morning where both Carol and Norm worked on him and we came home with yet more vitamins.  Wil doesn't know what he would do without the relief the neck adjustments give him. However, this time it's not giving him as much relief as the 1st time around.  Basically the only time this weekend that he isn't hurting insanely bad, is when we drug him with un-named old prescriptions that put him to sleep.  He can't get in with the Neurologist until February the 28th, unless there is a cancellation.  I pray for that, because there has got to be another drug that can give him better relief.  Reading about this Trigeminal stuff is very depressing.  I should say that he hasn't been legally diagnosed but that is what his Dentist and MD think it probably is.  I'm assuming they will be doing a Brain Scan. 
I'm feeling rather helpless in my attempts to give him relief.

3 comments:

Mary A. Miller said...

I am so sorry that he is suffering so! And, you feeling so helpless as to how to help. :( Pray there is a cancellation at the Dr.

Anonymous said...

We all feel really helpless and so sorry about this! Bless Wil! and you with wisdom to know what you can do... I wish we could help fix it!!

~Praying!
Much love, Sue

StuckeyBlog said...

Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry. How awful to see him in such pain and not be able to make it better. :(