This morning I was cutting my baked turkey, and when I started to make my gravy, my mind went back to a year ago.
A year ago, I burned my arm pretty bad in the process of making gravy. Although that was painful, it wasn't nearly as painful as watching my Father dying of Cancer. Last year we had a quiet Thanksgiving meal at my parents place with us siblings while my Father in a Hospital Bed in the Living Room. The next two weeks are almost a blurr anymore. So many tears, so little sleep, so many painful moments, so much sibling bonding time, and so many precious memories that I will treasure for a life time. We prayed, laughed and shared together. None of our differences mattered.
A year ago, Wil and I were still mourning the loss of both of his parents from a year earlier. It just felt like loosing 3 parents in 1 1/2 years, was too much.
We miss Daudy, Grandma Barbara and Grandpa Henry a lot. Today I'm thankful for tears and many good memories of them.
Today I'm very grateful for my dear 86 year old mother, Grandma Polly. She is still a hard working woman, a giver, and a Cancer Survivor.
I'm also thankful for my husband, children(that includes the spouses), grandchildren, siblings, nieces, nephews and all of my extended family.
There have been a lot of new things for me to adjust to, this past year. Maybe by next year, I can say that I'm thankful for that as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment