Friday, February 8, 2013

Left knee again

Yesterday I had Arthroscopic knee surgery. I was determined that I wasn't going to cry in recovery like I did the last time. News alert! One has no control what they do when coming out of anesthesia. As I start to wake up, I hear the nurse telling someone that, " she keeps thrashing around on the cart", and I hear myself moaning and wow does it ever hurt! I try to open my eyes but everything in the room moves. The anesthesiologist comes over and orders more pain killer in the IV. After I got back to my out patient room they gave me an oral pain killer and about an hour later I was a bit nauseous but pain free. Wil took me home and all afternoon I was pain free with taking my pain killers every 4 hours. I was thinking, this healing process was going to be a breeze. By the way, it's really nice to have your own private Nurse. By 9:30, everything changed. Whatever numbness there was, no longer is!

In 2011 I had surgery to repair torn meniscus after I couldn't straighten out my leg. During that recovery time, I missed the last step on our outside basement stairway, wile carrying a box and fell smack onto the Knee that I had surgery on. I was relieved that the pain was short lived.

Since the last surgery I have had 3 cortisone injections and a round of Synvisc. In August I started with more pain an so after an X-ray and an MRI, they saw more meniscus damage and loose bodies. Thus another surgery. After Dr. Rao got into the knee yesterday, he discovered that the injury came from that fall. I had damage under the knee cap and the femur bone under the knee. That is also where the loose chips came from and the meniscus tear. Needless to say. I hope I'm more careful this time around.

I hope for a speedy recovery. Today it hurts.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Mary A. Miller said...

Yes, I hope for a speedy recovery for you too!

Melissa said...

Heal quickly, Mom!

Jen Bontrager said...

Knee injuries stink! Take care. I'm glad you have your own, personal nurse. :)