Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Florida wind and rain



3 years ago while we were vacationing in Florida, Wil's sister, Sue had come to take care of Grandma Barbara. While out on a walk about midway through our vacation week, we got a call from home thinking mom (grandma Barbara) was dying. I remember standing along the side if the road, crying and thinking this can't be happening while we were gone. She rallied back. Later that afternoon, we got a call that Linda Schrock passed away.  Our vacation ended early and we promised ourselves we would be back the next year. 3 years later now, we are back. 

The weather 3 years ago was quite a bit more desirable then this time.  So far on this trip we have seen very little sun, but lots of wind, clouds and rain. We are still enjoying the temperature, seafood and relaxation. 

This morning we decided to drive to the beach and see if we could see the sunrise in spite of the clouds. 

This picture helps you to see how windy it is. 
We have enjoyed our walks. 



And good food. 



Early afternoon today we went out to the Beach where it was deserted. We decided to rest while listening to the waves. I was having a great nap when a light rain started. Wil woke me up and in my sleep stuper, I grabbed what I could and at the last second, took Wil's back pack as well.  Immediately the rain started coming heavier and I took off on a run. The only problem was, that the lower half of my body didn't keep up with the upper half, and I had a slow moving, arms flailing, clumsy fall! No, I don't have a picture of this.  I got up and headed for the car. Wil came into the van with his backpack all covered in sand. I had totally forgotten that I had the backpack when I fell.  Obviously I was half asleep. We had a good laugh. My foot is a little unhappy and it was a good excuse not to go with Wil, on yet another walk in this unlovely weather:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are making memories! I am sorry you don't have a picture of that graceful fall.=) At least you had a 'soft' landing in the sand!

We had rain here in KS too today. Maybe tomorrow it will be sunny for you...

Love you,
Sue

Liz said...

HAHA! But, I'm glad you're able to relax!