Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Grandson being Chauffeur

Monday 8/4
Isaiah woke up early Monday and then offered to drive me to PT. Even though I admit I was a bit apprehensive since I hadn't driven with him since he had driver's education, I sent my friend Bernie a text saying that she didn't need to come take me to PT. I was very pleased with Isaiah's driving. He's very cautious and I don't mind that at all. I convinced PT to teach me to use the cane since I wanted to go to Wil's uncle, Neil Beachy's viewing in the afternoon. When we got home from therapy I found Amish peanut butter and homemade bread on the counter.

Sue and David from KS arrived at our place around 2:20, then I went to the viewing with them. Wil met us there. I was so glad that I was able to go but it also helped me to know that going to the funeral would be too much. Sue, David and Mary came over here afterward then we ate together. Mary brought the food!

Travette and Kederick came in the evening to spend time with Isaiah. Along about 11:15, I sent Wil a text and said that he needed to help me get upstairs. PT still doesn't want me to do stairs because of my weak thigh muscles but I knew I could and these boys were having too much fun for me to be able to sleep and I didn't want to stop the fun. I knew that if it was like normal, they would be up all night then sleep until 1 or 2 the next day. Going upstairs wasn't half as difficult as getting comfortable in my own bed!
Tuesday 8/5
I had a restless night but I slept until 4:30 then Wil helped me back downstairs. I then sent Isaiah a text saying, "I really need you sugared up boys to go to sleep so I can sleep as well". He felt bad and said, ok and sorry. They soon fell asleep and so did I. I woke up at 10 til 8:00.

Brennan came over later in the morning. He has been an almost daily companion since I'm home from the hospital. I tend not to mention Matt, Monica and the boys, but they are pretty much a daily support for me. It's great to have them close by.


This was some of my entertainment today. I have 3 books that I want to read but I seriously can't keep my eyes open when I try and read. I think if I'd get into them it would help. Hopefully less drugs by next week.



Enjoy this form of transportation when I get too bored and curious and yet can't walk the distance!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: