Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday, 9-15-08

Today we made our first visit to Banff National Park. We started at the visitor center in Banff, and asked for hiking information. They were very helpful.
We decide to hike to the top of Sulphur Mountain. The trail is 3.4 miles up and gains about 2,000 ft elevation. It was very beautiful! The trail ends where a gondola ride ends also.
We expected it to be quite cold, but it was excellent hiking weather, around 60 degr. Carol and I both had to take off some layers of clothes soon into the hike.
The elevation gain affected our breathing and heart rates. It was quite strenuous! Wil started us out with a rather aggressive hike for the first day. Pictures to follow, since we don't have internet access where we are staying.
Since we can't use our phones without paying quite a bit, you can either respond to this blog or email us. We hope to get online daily, somehow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm looking forward to the pictures! Have a wonderful time!

Sue

Liz said...

My aunts are NUTS! I don't think that I could do this!!

Anonymous said...

I wish Frank and I could be there to join you guys. Not sure the knee would be happy with me.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like so much fun!

And...what Sue said!

Mary