Matt and Monica went to Chicago so we had the boy after we got off work last night until today noon.
I was quite pleased when Sawyer went to bed without crying and within 5-10 minutes he had talked himself to sleep. Brennan went to bed without a fuss, his routine however took a bit longer than we had allowed for so he got to bed at 9:30 instead of 9:00 like he was supposed.
12:30 AM-I hear crying. It's Brennan. I run to his room only to find him standing in front of his basket that is full of stuffed animals, trying to pull his underwear down because he can't hold his pee and thinks he is at the potty! Half awake myself, I quickly pick him up and head for the bathroom. He had managed to anoint one stuffed animal before I got to him and by the time I entered the bathroom, we were too late and he dripped all the way to the stool. By the time we got to the stool, it was all over. A change of underwear and now we are both back in bed. I'm not sure he ever fully woke up but I on the other hand did.
3:30AM-I hear crying. It's Sawyer this time. I go to his room, change his diaper, give him his pacifier and put him back to bed. No fussing. Wow, that was easy enough. How sweet of him to be so nice to his Grandma. Back to bed.
4:00AM-I hear crying. Sawyer again. I was warned about this and given wonderful instructions telling me what to do if this happens. I put the pacifier back in and left the room. If he could have talked he would have said, NO! GRANDMA, NO! I waited a while, tried it again and finally rocked him for 20 minutes, awe look at that sweet face-I'm way tired and surely he will be nice and let me lay him down. NO! GRANDMA, NO! Now it's 4:40, 4:50(not sure anymore) and I give up and go fix a 4oz bottle of formula. Gulp, gulp, gulp-his little tummy filled up he went into a deep sleep and I very carefully put him back in his crib.
Back to bed. I'm thinking..... this is why mommies take naps during the day. However, now I'm awake and I think I may as well stay up.
7:30 Time to get up Brennan. Sitting at the table eating a big bowl of Life cereal, he looks at me and says, Grandma where are my pants? Brennan, don't you remember what happened last night? No. I tell him and we laugh together.
4
2 comments:
OK, so I'm pretty sure that was even worse than my night. You win by a long shot. :) :)
But I'm not pregnant and it doesn't happen every night. I'm also glad that it doesn't happen every night for Monica.
Post a Comment