We are starting to count down the days before we leave for our Christmas time in AZ with Melissa, Maury and Isaiah. Matt, Monica, Brennan, Sawyer, Wil and myself plan to fly out of Chicago on Christmas Day in the afternoon arriving around Midnight our time. There is a lot to of things to think about ahead of time and I'm not sure I'm organized enough for that. Tonight I sat down and made a grocery list for Melissa. It's starting to feel real. I normally don't like not being away from snow for Christmas but as long as I'm with our children and grandchildren, I will be happy.
Because of being gone between Christmas and New Years, I have opted to not decorate our house this year. Some think I'm crazy but I'd sooner call it, keeping myself from going crazy! I can just look out my window and see Matt and Monica's tree if I have a need for Christmas lights.
I'm in my 3rd week with my Sinus/Head Cold but I'm seeing light at the end of the tunnel.
4 comments:
I, for one, think you are a very smart lady for not putting up Christmas decorations. I already have to fight my non-decorating impulses every year, since it is just more stuff to put away before very long. Hoping you feel better soon!
I second the notion for not putting up decorations when you won't be home for the holidays. I think it makes it even more fun to decorate when you haven't done it for a year or two. Since we go to Indiana every other year, this is only the 2nd Christmas tree we've had in Oregon. I had fun decorating it (at least the top half...I always seem to run out of steam by the time I get to the bottom).
Enjoy your trip to AZ!
Technically it's your tree you're seeing when you look out your window. It just happens to be setup in our living room. Thanks for that! Keep enjoying your tree.
If I wouldn't feel too guilty, I wouldn't do any decorating when I am at home!
Post a Comment