I went to my nephews, Jesse and Judson's basketball game this afternoon. I enjoy going whenever I have time or should I say, whenever I remember. It's a good way to be able to yell and act young again. However, today I couldn't yell since I have this crazy head cold again and don't have much of a voice. To be honest, I really wasn't needed in the yelling department. I sat beside my two sisters, Anna and Carol. Then Jane Hochstetler was behind me and they all yelled enough for me as well. Anna's husband frank was there but I didn't hear him yell.
My brother JR and his wife Fern(the parents of Jesse and Judson) were right behind us in their usual place. It's a good place for us siblings to interact. JR is always videoing the game and so his opinions of the game all gets recorded.
Where else can one get so much direction in life other than on the basketball court. Defense! Defense! Shoot! Shoot! Rebound! Good Pass! What were you thinking?!! Come on! Yes, yes, go!
Oh, no! Come on guys, get your head in the game. Move it! Move it! That was not a foul! Why didn't he call that foul?! Stupid refs! and to think that we pay them. Go team Go!
And to think, these instructions are only the ones from the fans, that probably couldn't even run up and down the court anymore.
Like today, they don't always win, but we sure have fun watching them and getting all stressed out about something other than our routine schedules.
3 comments:
Well said! What fun! I really have enjoyed the rush of emotions that I can just let rip at these games.... Even surrounded by a lot of quiet Mennos. Kathy, we could still run up and down the court, just not as quickly as they do. :(
good post, sis and quite accurate as well.
i'm glad i wasn't there... :) jk, it's always fun to hear my mom and aunties yelling!!
Post a Comment