Saturday, April 18, 2009

Fallen Tree

Monday April 13th our first day back from Kansas, Monica called me at work to let me know that a very tall tree fell down in our back yard. What a mess.
We didn't do anything with the tree until this morning. It was quite an art to get the tree cut up since it wasn't completely detached. Would it fall on us? Grandma Barbara worried about us the entire day.




This was my first real fire this year. Some people think that it's a sign that I had a good day.

Even Brennan and Sawyer got in on the action tonight. Yes, I said tonight. This project began this morning and ended tonight after we were too dead to continue. I am sunburned and hurt everywhere. I can't imagine how Wil must feel. Some may think that our heat in the winter is free, but I'm here to say that we work hard for our heat. You could say it's like having another part time job.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

The boys look so helpful -- HA! As soon as I saw that pic of you with a fire, I chuckled. You love your fires :)

Mary A. Miller said...

Who doesn't like a good fire! It was an impressive job you did!