Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Brennan's 5th birthday




The highlight of Brennan's 5th birthday was his ability to ride bike on his own. He has been so determined to learn but the bike that he had was just a bit too big for him. Today one of his friends got on the bike and took right off. Tonight he told me that his friend didn't have fear and that is why she could ride it. "Grandma, I just need to keep trying until I don't have anymore fear".
Tonight when Matt got his new little bike ready for him, he took right off. I got a text during our prayer time at small group saying that Brennan was riding. I guess after his first ride, he was so happy, that he got off his bike and jumped up and down. After we got home we went over to watch him ride. I was telling him to make sure he went to Daudy's tomorrow, because Daudy will be so proud of him. After a bit.... "Excuse me please....Are any of the three of you, proud of me?" We all three raised our hand.
This is Brennan with his buddy Noah who was born the same day. I got a call this afternoon, saying the birthday boys wanted to play the wii. The wii game didn't last too long after they saw that I had water balloons and squirt guns.
When they found out it was time to go home, they needed to have a treat yet.

This was the scene that greeted me when I went over to Matt's house Monday night. Matt mowing yard with Brennan and Sawyer riding with him. Brennan right away, wanted to come to our house to play the wii. When it was getting late, I asked him if he didn't think it was time to go home and asked if he didn't think hos mommy missed him. "No, she has two babies, well...our whole family does. We have a baby and a toddler to take care of." How do you help, Brennan? "Well... I think I obey and I help with Jeremiah the most. I really take care of both the boys. I talk to Jeremiah and I play with Sawyer." I got the feeling, he thought he deserved this free time. I understand from his Mommy that he really can be a big help if he wants to be.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

what a sweet birthday boy! i'm proud of you too, brennan!

did monica tell you about my birthday phone call with brennan? it was a mild disaster -- HILARIOUS. the only intelligible thing he said was "yes" when i asked him if he wanted to hang up. monica said he was staring at his game (that she'd made him pause) the entire time. ha!

Sue said...

Happy birthday to Brennan! What an accomplishment to ride bike now! It will get lots of miles I'm sure.

Unknown said...

That is the sweetest quote ever. :) Love it.