Saturday, June 13, 2009

Mom Beachy-87

Today we celebrated my Mother-In-Law's 87th birthday with a, Tea Party. My sister-in-law, Mary brought along hats, since that is what one is to wear for a tea party. Well, mother did not enjoy wearing her hat and after the picture was taken, I wore it instead. We enjoyed, garden tea, Blueberry Coffee cake, Blueberry Muffins and Custard. The party consisted of Daudy, Grandma, Mary, Brennan, Wil and myself. Brennan kept saying that he had never been at a Tea Party before. He tasted the custard after some encouragement but by the look on his face I knew he didn't care for it. He didn't want to say that he didn't like it but such relief when he knew it was ok if he didn't like it. The devoured the muffin in no time.

Thanks Mary, for making everything except the tea!

By the way-If you talk to Grandma Barbara.....Don't tell her that you saw this picture. I had strict orders from her, not to put it on my Blog. She had a hang up with the hat, but I thought it was one of the better expression- pictures, that I had of her.

After the Tea Party, Mom wanted to drive around to some of their old stomping grounds. I lucked out, since I had a Father-Daughter banquet to go to. I don't really enjoy that kind of thing a whole lot.

5 comments:

Deb said...

Hey, she's actually smiling in a picture! You guys do such a good job taking care of her!

Melissa said...

a tea party! fun! i can just picture it ...

Mary A. Miller said...

It was rather impromptu, believe me! Not too much planning involved, hence the menu. And no fancy table setting. But fun.

When we came back from the drive, we discovered that one of Mom's cousins had been there and brought some goodies to eat and flowers for Mom. That was nice! But sorry that we missed them! I think Mom had a good B-day.

Anonymous said...

Bless her heart! I can just hear her fussin about the hat!:)

You and your sisters' singing last evening was real good, Kathy!
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Love the picture! and I promise I won't tell!:)
Marilyn