Wednesday, March 24, 2010

More of my boys

P1000850 Getting adjusted by Dr. BP1000852 P1000886 Brushing teethP1000888 It was time for a changeP1000892 Isaiah-entertainingP1000903  P1000924 Ugly face contestP1000920

P1000855

I know what you are thinking, but the boy was actually eating, so I wasn’t about to disturb him.

Sawyer is our little cutie pie that gets himself in trouble a lot.  He loves his younger brother, but he also likes to be mean to him, which gets him into trouble.  He hasn’t quite gotten the drift that being sorry means that you don’t do the same thing again, at least not in the same hour! P1000935 Isaiah and Brennan-two boys that want to be together, but often struggle with getting on each others nerves.  One minute they are annoyed with each other, the next minute, they wonder where the other is. 

Sunday morning, Wil and Matt left for church at 7:15.  Around 8:00 Monica called and asked if Brennan had come to our house, his blanket was on their bed, but he was no where to be found.  I said that I’d be right over.  By the time I got over, she was crying and on the phone with Matt at church.  She had searched the whole house several times.  A bit later, she found him under the pile of blankets on their bed.  His eyes got rather watery when he saw that she had been crying.  He said he was trying to surprise her.  I have a feeling at the next hide and seek, he won’t stay hidden very long.

Sunday afternoon, Isaiah and Brennan went with us to the Nursing Home.  The boy’s great grandma Barbara, has Parkinson.  Brennan is just sitting there watching her hands, shaking rather profusely.  Then he asked what any child might wonder, “Hey, are you doing that or are you hands doing it by them self?”

To post this seems like bad timing, with my brother just coming out of a stressful surgery, but it gave me something else to focus on.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will keep your family in prayer...thanks for the update on Wilbur's condition. What a sudden change of events...I agree with your post...sometimes a diversion is a good thing (something else to think about for a little bit) Praying that everything will be clear from the biopsy report.
There was a verse from Job that was in my devotions today and I thought of this when I read about your brother. Job 23:10 When He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold. 2 lessons in this: What we dread most can be used to test our character and make us stronger...the other is that God will provide the strength and comfort to see us through. God has promised to work on our behalf...PTL...I found comfort in reading that today and hope you do too!

Sue said...

I enjoyed the pics and all; and Grandma's delight. I could almost feel Monica's stress!

We have Wilbur and Delilah in our prayers.

Melissa said...

aw poor monica! thanks for the pics of the boys - i like to have a visual to go with what i imagine is happening in beachyville these days ...

Marilyn said...

I'm smiling! Mom, Joyce, Lynette, and I plan to go see aunt Barbara tonight.
Brennan says and does the cutest things:) OK maybe not the hiding thing...

Carolyn Miller said...

I love Brennan. He always delights me. And with his soft heart, I'm sure he didn't mean to make his mommy cry. It is always a delight to keep up with your picture posts