Her bedroom
I'm trying to find words to describe my new daily schedule and I can't really. I've had some good days and some not so good days. It's a very different schedule from what I was used to and it's also different for mother. I'm understanding why the Nurses tended to give Mom a quick fix pill when she got all emotional at the Nursing Home. There are times in the afternoon when I feel like I should be a social worker or a counselor. Lunch time bites of food are often in between tears. That is the time of day that Daudy would come visit Mom. So if you are someone that wants to visit Mom sometime, she really needs distractions in the afternoon.
I have a monitor in my room and when she needs to go the restroom at night or in the morning, she just says my name. AT 3:30 in the morning, I'm not quite as happy to hear my name as some other times. Monday morning I had to chuckle at 4:30 in the morning. I heard that she was moving around and soon I heard, "ah, ah, Sue! Sue! ah, Mary! Mary! ah, ah." I'm here mom, did you forget my name? "Oh ya! What is wrong with me?!
Another funny that I hear a lot. She tells me what to do, then says, "you can do whatever you want, I'm not going to tell you what to do." On Saturday she was sitting on the porch while I was pulling weeds. After I was pulling for about 5 minutes, she thought that was probably about long enough. She suggested that Mary could pull the rest when she came out. I informed her that those were my weeds, not Mary's.
5 comments:
Oh, Kathy! I'm so glad you're seeing the humor in all of this :) Thanks for the picture into your world.
Bless you! I'm sure you're doing good at counseling when its needed...and Barbara talked a lot about the Tall trees to me too:)They must intrigue her. Marilyn
I really enjoyed this post, Kathy. What a different stage of life this must feel!!
That's funny - I wonder how Mary feels about being volunteered to pull weeds ;)
Did my letter come yet?
So good to hear your stories again, Kathy. I think it would be hard to grieve the loss of "dawdy" while at the same time comforting "mummy" and grieving your own loss.
Post a Comment