People keep asking how I am doing and how it’s going. It’s so hard to answer because it just depends on when you ask me. I find that I’m probably not much different than a mother with little ones these days. It depends a lot on if I just had to get up twice or 4 & 5 times during the night. I had forgotten how helpful a full nights sleep is. Even 4-5 hours at a time! I’m not getting as much done as I thought I would, which is why I should be working now(while she is napping) rather than blogging. In spite of all the frustrations, there are rewards and so far it feels like we made the right choice.
I have my moments when I ask the Lord, “Are you serious, all in one year? First you choose to take Olive home, then Isaiah’s Great Grandpop Yoder, then my Father-in-law, then my Father goes to the hospital, we bring home my mother-in-law, my daughter looses her job, a church that is struggling and now it appears there is a good chance that I may loose my father yet this year”! If I stay there, I can get depressed, but I choose not to. There is still so much to be grateful for. I have my health, a wonderful husband, great kids and all 4 of my grandchildren in my backyard. Beside all that, we have wonderful extended family and friends. We are all on a journey and we all have a story.
Here are some pictures of our recent additions that we all real happy about.
This is a view of the new addition from our upstairs bedroom window.
Dave Miller and Jon Swartz did a great job building a long wheelchair ramp and a step down deck for us. They worked in some crazy hot temperatures.
The 1st evening the boards were in place, the grandkids discovered a new playground. David, Sue and their son Angelo and wife Anna were with us part of the week. The boys got Anna to race with them.
And now it was time for a test drive. I’m no longer a slave to my house.
The great grandsons can cheer Mom up pretty quickly. Brennan loves to help give great-grandma her pills.
5 comments:
Wow. Life looks incredibly busy. I'm glad for you for your happy things in the middle of everything!
I say Thanks for all the effort and sacrifice you are putting into caring for Grandma!
-Jim
looks great! that pic of grandma, brennan and jeremiah is SO ADORABLE! love you mama :)
How wonderful that you can get outside and Grandma can get out also! You are very busy, but the rewards will be great! God bless you all!
thinking of you so much these days. and love you so very much.
Post a Comment