Monday, November 15, 2010

Cutting-Splitting


I'm tired and want to go to bed, but I would feel bad going without 1st telling you about the wood cutting and splitting that got done here today. We have had big BIG chunks of wood that needed splitting that Wil and I have been working on. Either they make those chunks bigger than they used to or I'm not as strong as I used to be. Then this summer during one of the storms, we had a HUGE tree up rooted, right out close to the road. Eye Sore!


I had asked Lynette Showalter if they knew someone in our church that was out of work and was capable of cutting wood. Today, Conrad Showalter, Gerald Miller and James Miller came and did some amazing work. Wil took off work this afternoon to come home and help. I missed out since it was my day to work at Middlebury Chiropratic. My wonderful daughter-in-law, served the guys, cookies and coffee that she made. I regret not having before and after pictures of their work but I can't wait to see it much better in daylight. Wil's Mom was so happy that was done. She kept telling us that we should just pay someone to do it.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Wow! What an accomplishment! Bless them!

Mary A. Miller said...

Yay! for them! Since the leaves were off the trees it'd made me sad to see it laying there, it's roots out and all!

Melissa said...

nice!