Saturday, July 14, 2012

Home front- Day 2

Another day with hot temperatures and mostly indoor playing for the boys. They went with me to the Amish farm to get our milk that we use to make yogurt, so of course Grandma gave in to going to McDonalds.

We worked on the stones around and under the ramp. The boys wanted to help and did what they could. Sawyer moved the heavy bags of stones to the edge of the truck bed for me. I couldn't believe he was strong enough to do that. I praised him and told him that his Daddy said that he was a good helper. He smiled and said, "that's why I'm such a good helper!" Who doesn't enjoy being praised.

After tonight, I decided that I had better pick and choose my bedtime stories. I read a book that had lots of short stories, with almost all if them mentioning Mommy and Daddy. I could tell that Jeremiah was missing his parents. We had decided that tonight Papaw would come in to sing with them after story time, since he remembers more words to the songs. I wasn't out of the room too long when I heard Jeremiah crying. Wil not aware of Jeremiah's state of mind, prayed for Mommy, Daddy and Brennan and then started to sing. When he stopped to ask Jeremiah why he wasn't singing, the flood gates opened up. I went back in and snuggled with him and he was soon ok. He even burst into laughter when Papaw forgot the words to a song and had to hum. Sawyer said that bedtime would be fun if someone sang to them all night long.

These 2 boys are so full of hugs and kisses and through out the day, say, "I love you"!

Brennan, you should know that there were 3 rabbits in our driveway tonight.

It was a relief to hear that Matt, Monica and Brennan arrived safely. I believe they had a 3 hour drive after Jason picked them up.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Jen Bontrager said...

You guys are such good grandparents. I'm glad to know Matt, Monica and Brennan made it safely.

Marilyn Miller said...

Kathy, I was smiling all the way through! So fun and rewarding but like you said...takes lots of energy.
Bless you!