Sunday, August 3, 2014

Recovery continues#2

Monday July 28th. Cheryl Miller- a church friend took me to my 9:45 Therapy. My 2nd visit was quite a bit better then my 1st. I was on the bike and got all the way around twice. The rest of my day I had 3 visitors that were here most of the day. Brennan and Sawyer discovered a game on my phone and iPad and thus are content sitting in my living room! After I got tired of watching Full a House, I sent Jeremiah upstairs. He is obsessed with that show right now. The boys are always full of hugs and can be helpful with lots of errands. Mary stopped in after work to return some curtains that she had taken home to shorten.

Tuesday July 29th. Fairly quiet morning. I enjoyed a phone call from Iva Jean Kauffman and a visit from neighbor, Glenda and Micah.
My sister Anna spent the afternoon with me. She massaged my dead thigh muscle for at least an hour and brought me an electrical machine. Before she left, she swept the downstairs. That is not Wil's favorite job:)

Wed. July 30th Jan took me to Therapy today, so I was grateful that I wasn't sick this time. During the night I had taken IBUPROFEN a few times in hopes that it would help with the inflammation. Although it was on my meds that I can continue, I had a hunch that was a mistake. So today I asked and they said only on occasion if I have a head headache. Back to square one. I have found that the ES machine that Anna loaned me helps not only my thigh muscle wake up but also with the inflammation. In the afternoon Monica brought me a nice Rose plant that she bought at the request of my brother Wilbur and his wife Delila.




Thursday July 31st was a very quiet day. In the morning my friend, Bernie took me to my MD app. It was just a, after being admitted and released hospital patient visit. I really questioned the importance of this visit with Dr. Bhagat but I lost. Once again I needed transportation. I decided that needing to depend on others for transformation would be enough reason, not to be Amish.

Friday Aug 1st Monica took me to Therapy and the 3 boys went along and played electronics while they waited on me. On the way home, all 3 got into trouble and we're not allowed their normal visit at my house until they had their time outs and did lots of chores. My friend, Bernie refers to the boys as my 3 little angels. That day she thought we could call them the 3 fallen angels. At PT, they suggested that I take my Norco med more often and try to stay ahead if the pain.

Saturday Aug 2nd. My almost 88 year old(Aug 10) mother came and spent the morning to help me a little laundry, sweep the main floor and fix Isaiah's bed.


Wil left for Chicago to pick up Isaiah. Poor Isaiah had gotten sick the evening before and was still vomiting on the way to the airport. He said that he slept most of the flight and his stomach felt better when he woke up but then he had stabbing ear pain. When getting his luggage, his nose started to bleed. Wil was hungry so they decided to stop to eat even tho Isaiah wasn't sure he was ready for food.



He held onto his barf bag for a while after the cheeseburger. He ended up falling asleep around 7:00 and we couldn't wake him up for the Beachyville Welcome Home dinner. He slept all night. It's nice to have him back

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: