Thursday, November 27, 2008

Germs

On Tuesday I got a text from Monica saying that Brennan had the scoots all afternoon and he was ticked that he got a poop squirt in his favorite underwear. Wednesday I got a text saying he had now acquired a fever and was vomiting.

Wednesday afternoon, Wil got this text message from Monica:
Brennan wants to talk to you about germs. He had a temp. of 103.5 today. I was telling him how his body fights germs and he said, "Papaw probably knows all about that. I'll talk to him when he gets home."
That evening, when Wil got home, he went to see Brennan. Brennan asked, "Papaw, how does my body fight germs?" Wil explained white blood cells and that they go around looking for the germs and eat them.

Tonight we were together for Thanksgiving but Brennan was in bed most of the evening. He hasn't had much of a fever anymore but he also hasn't eaten diddly since Tuesday evening.

1 comment:

StuckeyBlog said...

Poor boy! He's so cute. I hope he feels better soon. What a bummer of a way to spend Thanksgiving - not being able to eat!