Where is the camera when you need one? This morning I bundled Sawyer up to go over to Daudy's to get Grandma Barbara ready to go to the Doctor. We had a good time over there, until I bundled Sawyer up back up to go home. He raised his hand to show Daudy his hat and as he did that, his sock-footed feet slipped out from under him and he landed face down onto the hardwood floor. Ouch! I heard the smack and when I picked him up, the blood was running and it wasn't a pretty picture. His upper lip was busted and as you all know, it bleeds like crazy.
Of course, it had to happen just before lunch. I had to be creative when it came time to feed him. The cute part of this whole story was his brother Brennan's response, when he came home from pre-school and I told him what happened.
Brennan's eyes were so big and his mouth hanging open as I'm telling him what happened. He couldn't have been more sincerely concerned.
"Grandma Kathy, did Sawyer cry?"
Oh yes, he cried quite a bit.
"Oh Sawyer, I'm so sorry that happened to you! Are you OK? I am so sorry!"(saying it with such a sweet and caring voice-much like his mother would have said it)
As soon as Monica came home, Brennan ran out to meet her and said, "Mom, let me tell you what happened to Sawyer this morning."
2 comments:
Aww, that is so sweet of Brennan! Sorry for Sawyer though. I guess a lip is about the quickest place to heal, but until then...
Sorry for Sawyer, hope it heals quickly! Thanks for helping Mom!
Sue
Post a Comment