Sunday, July 19, 2009

When it rains it pours

Yesterday we put Wil's mother in the Maples Nursing Home for a temporary stay until we make a more permanent, affordable decision. Wil had to leave for a Conference in California so his sisters and I took Mom out on Saturday. The Nurse on duty must not have been having the best day and her frustration with Mom's medication orders were not hidden. Needless to say, when we left there, we had mixed feelings. That was Mother's 1st choice of a place to go, which is why we put her there.

Poor Sue, who had given 24/7 care for Mom this past week was physically and emotionally drained. This morning we decided that rather than go to church, her and I would go check up on Mom, then her along with her daughters and Mary would come here for lunch. The plan was to go to LaGrange in the afternoon to check out 2 more Nursing Homes.

Before we left, I got a call from my Mother, saying that she thinks my Dad had a mini stroke. Since Carol was gone and they thought Anna was at church, I said that I'd come over. Sue went to the Nursing Home alone. Anna ended up being on a bike ride and arrived home before I got there. They had a guest that was a Parametic and he was there checking Dad. Before I left, Anna discovered I had a tire, that was completly flat! Could just one more thing go wrong while my husband is gone? Once again, this wonderful man came to the rescue, and is out there taking off my tire that wouldn't hold any air. Frank would have helped but was not at home at the time. The spare tire was not about to be removed so Anna took me and the flat tire to Walmart. They removed a 3 inch horse shoe from my tire and said it can't be repaired. We went back to the folks and I took Frank's car. In the morning, I will go to Monteith Tire and get new tires, then to the Dr. with my Father, then to the Nursing Home to my Mother-in-law.

The good news is, that there was great help, when and where I needed it!! We had a good time together for lunch, we felt good about the 2 Nursing Homes that we checked out and my Dad hasn't gotten any worse.

I would post a picture of Mother in the Nursing Home, but she gave me strict orders..not to post the pictures!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do those things always happen when the men are out of town?
Thank the Lord for the 'Good Samaritans' in this world or the Angels watching over us!
I hope your Pa is doing better....keep us updated please!
Keeping you in our prayers! Don't wear yourself down either! :) Seriously! I'll have to take you up north with me if you do!!!!! :)

Gina Miller said...

You guys are definitely in our prayers! Hang in there!!