Sunday, November 28, 2010

Follow up on Please Lord-Post

Tonight I'm thankful for all of your prayers. I'm real tired but I'm not frustrated and overwhelmed.

On Thanksgiving morning, We thought Mom had passed on. I really believe she left us for a while. It was quite an experience. She didn't recover from this one like she did all the others. She has been weak and reflective, most of the time since. She LOVES company, and you wouldn't know during the time that it's wearing her out, but as soon as people leave, her BP drops and she is sooo tired. I am not saying that to discourage people from coming, because she would be sad if no one came. Friday morning her 3 sibling were here to see her. I could only get a picture of her with her brother John, since the other two are Amish.

P1020637

We have had a lot of special moments. Tonight she took my hand and said, “I love you Kathy”. I often told Wil that whenever I’d give her a kiss at night she would say, “bless you”! As if I was giving her a Holy Kiss at church. Sometimes, she would say, “I love you too”. It was nice to hear her saying it 1st.

When her BP is low, she is is weaker and then it’s nice to have two people around to transfer her. Since it was Thanksgiving Holiday, I had Wil and his sister Mary here a lot more.

It seems the Parkinson and her age is getting the best of her.

2010-11-13_17-43-16_DSC_0027

This picture was taken last week. Mom was wishing she could see the dishes she gave us (given to them by Grandpa Beachys) displayed in the desk before she passes on. The desk was also given to them by Grandpa Beachys, in 1951, and has been passed on to us.

4 comments:

Carmen said...

I love that piece - Alvin was so gifted with wood working! Please tell Aunt Barbara I love her.

beemanworld said...

I pray that when her time comes, it will be peaceful for all of you. I always think life is such a blessing but sometimes, passing is a blessing as well. No more suffering or pain. You are in my prayers.

Gina said...

Kathy, you are an incredible woman & your mother-in-law is so blessed to have you. We'll keep you all close in our prayers! We love you guys!
Gina

Unknown said...

Love the picture of Wil and Grandma. Thank you for so lovingly taking care of Grandma, Kathy!
Yoli