Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Beachyville NH update

I will try to give an update since I know some of you keep looking for one. We feel we are doing a lot of yo-yoing around here these days. Sometimes, I wonder why life needs to be so difficult and then other times I feel so blessed. It has taken a lot of adjusting, needing to get coverage for every appointment or activity that I have outside our own home. Then there is always some guilt that does along with that. I know that everyone says that I shouldn't feel guilty, but that doesn't change what I feel. Normally when I come home from along day at work on Monday's, Mom always says, "Praise the Lord, you finally came home". She tells Wil, "Kathy knows what to do." Now that is quite different from when she 1st came to stay with us. It used to be that Wil was the only one that she thought was right.

Having Hospice has been a blessing but also another change. Those of you that know me well. know that it takes me time to adjust to change. That 1st week, I had so visits to schedule and new people in and out of my house. I guess you could call us Beachyville Nursing Home. The Nurse comes out 2-3 times a week, an Aide 2 times a week to bathe, Social worker-whenever, Chaplain-whenever and starting this week a volunteer will come to sit with Mom, so I can can have "me time".

How is Grandma Barbara? I really don't know. Yesterday, she slept very little after 11am. She had a fair amount of visitors, but even in the evening, she was awake. Today, she can't seeming stay awake and has eaten very little. She seems so alert one day and the next day it feels like she can't live much longer.

This week we have had Isaiah with us since Sunday morning. He started not feeling well Friday, and by Monday, during the night, his temp went up to 103.8. Monica took him to the Doctor Tuesday and he has Strep Throat. He has been camping out in our bedroom or the guest bedroom most of the time. We are trying to get him fixed up so he can travel home to AZ on Saturday for Christmas break. He is looking forward to that. He is doing so well at Westview and is one of the top ones in his class. It makes us all happy to him so up beat about school.

No comments: